Tuesday, July 20, 2010

First birthday party.. or... A toy store implosion

My sweet girl turned 1 this past weekend!  She's officially a big girl and is no longer an infant.  A part of me is sad that she's growing up so fast, but I never want to be sad that she's growing because that means that she's healthy and happy and living her life, which is exactly what I want for her!  So, that being said, we celebrated V's big first birthday in style! 

First, on Friday, I made pink cupcakes with purple frosting and we had a little shindig for her and her little friends at school. 

I'm 1! The hat says so!

V set a precedent and wanted nothing to do with her cupcakes.  More to come on this later. 
Then on Saturday, we had the whole family and some friends over for her toy store grand opening birthday party.  Our house looked like it threw up pink, but it was perfect for V!  We got her a bunch of balloons and they were a HUGE hit!  She walked around holding on to one balloon on a string all night - they were inseparable.
 


As I wrote in a previous post it's hard to believe it's been a year and how much a year can change your life.  V and I have come so far together.  We laughed, we cried, we threw up, she blew out of her diapers.. you get the picture.

On that note, here are some pics from the rest of the party.  Good times were had by all, especially V.  Although she wanted NOTHING to do with her cake! 

Um.. Mom??  Fire? In front of a baby?? I know I'm a big girl and all, but come on!
Eh.. not so sure about this thing.  It looks too pretty to eat.

Ok ok..  I'll give it one try.

Um. No!  I don't think so! 

Alright lady!  I don't want this cake!  Get me out of here!  I will call CPS on you woman!

Sweet freedom!

Although V's not looking, good pic of E and I. :)  We never got a got a good shot of the three of us, but it's in our hearts and memories.

V's birthday cake

Dinner time

Which gift should I open next...

I'll just dive in and see where I land.

Thanks for reading the card to me Mommy.

Yay hammers!  (V got 4 hammers from D and family!  V LOVES her hammers!  After she lost one on a walk with Daddy, D let her borrow hers, and now D has replenished V's hammer supply!  Thank you D!!!)

This one next?  It looks big and heavy - Yippee!

V's baby.  It may look like she's trying to give the paci to baby, but in reality, she likes to steal it.

She doesn't look related to me and my dad. Her daddy has some strong German genes!


The damage

All in all, it was a great first year and a great party!  Happy birthday V!  We all love you so so much!

This little light of mine
I'm going to let it shine
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Miss V! Call me and let's finally get together.

    ReplyDelete