Sunday, February 6, 2011

It's February already?!

After numerous threats by mother to disown me if I didn't finally update my blog (slight editorial exaggeration has been exercised), I knew it was time to buckle down and try to retrieve what bits of the last several months I could remember from my memory.  This is not an easy task because not only do I have severe pregnancy brain, I am also working full time and chasing after my 18 month old in my spare time.  Spare time is a very, VERY loose term in this instance.  My memories and brain functionality are sparce, and truly, I should not be allowed to drive, much less work and carry on adult conversations with clients.

So, below is my attempt at re-living the fall and Christmas season.

HALLOWEEN

Halloween was lots of fun this year!  The weather was beautiful here and we met some of our neighbors and their kids to walk around the 'hood.  We bought candy to pass out, but looking back, that was totally unnecessary as we weren't home at all for the "Halloweening" hours.  We did get one, ONE knock on the door at 9 pm from some teenagers.  The front porch light promptly went off after that.

Vivienne thoroughly enjoyed herself and insisted on trying to walk into every person's house we went up to.  She was dressed as a fairy/lady bug and was cute as a button.  Her and her BFF D played earlier in the day (I think, or I could totally just be making that up... I know they played at some point that weekend) and then had fun trick or treating together.  D did fall amidst all the excitement and broke her arm!  She took it like a champ though and was completely healed within a few weeks.  Here are some pics.


V and Mimi



V and D running around.  D was a cheerleader.


Lady - give me some candy!


The whole gang raiding a house.


THANKSGIVING

Thanksgiving was fun and was held at our house again this year.  In the past, we used to go to my parents house, but since V's big arrival, it's just been easier to stay at home base.  Then we can put V down around 8 and the big kids (aka adults) can play.  All in all, fun was had by all!



Mimi and us

V hung out under the table with Mattie.

V and Papa.  V loves her Papa!

FRIDAY AFTER THANKSGIVING - TREE DECORATING

Since E and I have been together, we go and get our Christmas tree and decorate it the Friday after Thanksgiving.  My parents came over to help us out and V also contributed with a little decorating advice and a dance party.

Here Daddy.  Put this one over here!  Trust me - it'll look marvelous!

Try this one Mommy.

This will look nice in your hair Mommy.

Mimi - you try it too.  It'll be fab!

Let me show you how it's done Mommy.

All done! 

Dance party time!

Mommy showing off the finished product - we downsized on our tree size this year..

Mimi, E & I.

17 MONTHS PICS

V's getting virtually impossible to take monthly growth pictures off b/c the girl will NOT sit still to save her life.  She actually doesn't ever sit still.  Ever.  She doesn't walk - she runs everywhere, and that's no exaggeration.   Here are some pics to prove my point.


What is this paper you put in my hand Mama? 

Let's see what's under that arm Mr. Bear.

You want me to sit still?? That's hilarious!!

Semi-sweet success - Mommy 1 - V -0!

CHRISTMAS

We had a great Christmas.  Christmas Eve, my  mom came and watched V and we were able to go to Christmas Eve service and actually pay attention and enjoy it.  Then our friends H & B came over and we had homemade tortilla soup and guacamole and enjoyed great company.  Christmas morning was just us and we let V open a couple of her gifts (most of which were left over from the toy store explosion that was her birthday).  And then later that evening, we had friends and family come over and celebrate the season.  V's BFF D came over with her parents and the girls had fun fighting over toys.  All in all, a great holiday season!


Checking out her loot.

Still sleepy.

Peace people!

Umm.  I'm not so sure about that Papa...

V and D having fun with Papa!  Matti's sporting her Christmas wear in the background.

D's having fun - V, not so much.

No!!  I do NOT want to share!  Where's Mama???

D's worn out by the chaos.

My mom and I.

D and V trying to take a picture under the tree in their matching Christmas dresses. 

Admiring the Christmas Tree.

V loves to ride on Mommy's back.  It's our new thing.

V's NEW COAT

One of V's Christmas gifts, was this coat and matching beret!  It deserves a section of its own in this here blog.  The picture does not do it justice.  When V sports this little ensemble, I want to whisk her away to a French cafe where her and I can sip on martini's (when she's old enough of course - what kind of a mother do you think I am??) and eat eclairs and talk to handsome French men.  So, without further adieu, I present V in her beret and coat. Please ignore Sam's Club racks in the background.  The life of an 18 month old is not that glam...


18 MONTH BEAR PICTURE

We had a separate "official" photo shoot for V for her 18 months pics, but these are her bear growth pictures.  She did much better this month and I was able to get some good shots!  She even made sure Mr. Bear was sitting next to her!  I will do a separate post with her official pics b/c they deserve a spot of their own! 





WINTER WONDERLAND

We had another winter storm here in the deep south.  Schools were closed for four days, that's right FOUR DAYS.  In a row.  Four days!!  Cabin fever much?  It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to work the whole time.  To be fair though, V was SO good all week and let me and E work and played by herself and watched way too much TV.  But hey, as a co-worker told me, that's why God invented TV.  We did get some snow fun in though.  V was hilarious in that she did not want any snow on her boots.  Girl appreciates a nice shoe, and what can I say, I can't blame her.  She was wearing suede and we all know what snow does to suede...


V and Daddy in front of our house.

Oh no! Snow on my suede boots!!

Whew!  Thank you for picking me up Daddy!

Our street - insane!

Hmmm... This looks like a semi-dry spot.  Hold my hand just in case Daddy.

Whew!  Dryness!


How did I get here?? Oh no!!

AND FINALLY - MOMMY 26 WEEKS PREGNANT

This pregnancy is flying by!  I'm 26 weeks along and we have nothing ready for the arrival of V's sister.  We've also had a really hard time deciding on a name, but I think we're in the home stretch.  All in all though, I am loving feeling a life moving around.  It's the most amazing feeling!  







2 comments:

  1. I love it and I love you guys.

    - H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love all the new pictures and can't believe how big V is getting. You look great! Glad you included some belly pics too.

    ReplyDelete